On the 10th of April 2019, the TBC Dubai & Northern Emirates and the TBC Abu Dhabi received, in Dubai, Hatem Ferjani, Secretary of State to the Minister of Foreign Affairs in charge of Economic Diplomacy.
– H.E. Hatem Ferjani: Secretary of State to the Minister of Foreign Affairs in charge of Economic Diplomacy
– H.E. Samir Manser: Ambassador of the Republic of Tunisia to UAE
– Mr. Walid Hajjam: Deputy ambassador
– Mr. Sami Hassan: Director Trade Office, Embassy of the Republic of Tunisia to UAE (CEPEX)
– Mrs. Ines Monastiri: Office Manager – Gulf Region, FIPA
– Mr. Mohamed Damak: President of TBC Abu Dhabi
– Mr. Fathi Ben Grira: President of TBC Dubai & Northern Emirates
– Mrs. Olfa Abidi: Vice-President of TBC Dubai & Northern Emirates
– Mr. Mohamed Kaabi: Secretary General of TBC Dubai & Northern Emirates
– Mr. Brahim Ben Ammar: Member of the Senior Advisory Board, TBC Dubai & Northern Emirates
– Introduction by H.E. Samir Mancer
– Presentation by H.E. Hatem Ferjani
- on his role, mission and the importance of economic diplomacy in the strategy of the Tunisian government.
- on the respective roles and governance mechanisms between the different entities promoting the Tunisian economy (CEPEX, FIPA and ONTT, notably).
- update on various meetings held in the UAE with local authorities and investors.
- update about the Arab League Summit recently held in Tunis.
- update about the increasing Chinese investments in Tunisia.
- on the investment forum to be held in Tunisia on the 21st and 22nd of June 2019.
– Discussion points raised by the other attendees.
- channels of collaboration between the Tunisian Business Councils in the UAE and UTICA.
- challenges faced by foreign investors in Tunisia and recommendations to tackle these issues.
- strategy to increase bilateral investments (“both ways”) between Tunisia and UAE (for example, invitation of UAE based free zones authorities for a roadshow in Tunisia with UTICA, invitation of Tunisian banks for a roadshow in UAE to establish relationships with their UAE counterparts).
- need for economic diplomacy targeting the UAE based regional headquarters of multinationals having operations in Tunisia with an aim to increase their direct investments.
- strategy with respect to Expo 2020.
- Formal introduction by H.E. Hatem Ferjani between the Tunisian Business Councils in the UAE and Mr. Samir Majoul, President of UTICA in order to facilitate cooperation between the different stakeholders.
- The Tunisian Business Councils in the UAE shall organize a gathering for their members with CEPEX presenting the Tunisian strategy for Expo 2020.
Organization of a Tunisian Investment Forum in the UAE in 2019 (preliminary contacts have already been made to that effect with H.E. Sultan Bin Saeed Al Mansoori, Minister of Economy in the UAE).