A prominent business figure in Tunisia where she holds several board positions, Wided Bouchamaoui was the Chairperson of the Tunisian Confederation of Industry, Trade and Handicrafts (UTICA) from 2011 to 2018.
As the leader of the organization she took from 2013 part in the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet which led the latter organization to receive the 2015 Nobel Peace Prize.
Wided Bouchamaoui received numerous awards and accolades and has notably been designated as one of the Top 25 Business Women in Africa by the news magazine Jeune Afrique.
She holds a Master in Marketing and International Commerce.
Award and Distinctions:
· Nobel Peace Prize (2015)
· G8 Deauville Partnership Women in Business Award (2013)
· Business for Peace Award (2014)
· Golden Aegis of the Arab Organization of Civil Liberty (2015)
· Grand Officer of the Order of the Republic of Tunisia (2015)
· Commander of the Legion of Honour of France (2015)
· Jeane J. Kirkpatrick Award (2016)
· Doctor Honoris Causa from Paris Dauphine University (2017)
· International Award of Excellence “Farmasi” (2018)
· Tunisian Business Council Dubai & Northern Emirates’ Award of Honour (2017)